Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week One: Self Portrait





I thought that it might be interesting to do a self-portrait for weeks 1 and 52. It will be interesting to see the difference in the two a year from now. It is an interesting experiment, a self-portrait. World-renowned photojournalist Henri Cartier Bresson remarks "The most difficult thing for me is a portrait. You have to try and put your camera between the skin of a person and his shirt." This concept of a self-portrait is a little intimidating but here are a few of things that I have been working on. It's strange that after I was done reviewing the images I chose mostly ones of me smiling. I will continue to post more portraits of myself seeing as I am the subject of the week! I am going to try and capture not only a personal intimate portrait of each person but their environments as well. It is going to be an interesting year!

No comments: